Workaround – How to fix
To get rid of the annoying Error symbol do the following:
- Right click your Project root folder in your Eclipse Project Explorer View
- Select Excluded and Edit… and then Add..
**/jquery*.jsto exclude all jQuery library files.
- Then you can hit OK, Finish and OK again
- Your Eclipse Progress View should now show a Building Workspace message
- Tada! The Error Symbol is gone!
So what did Eclipse do for us?
It added a file named .jsdtscope to the .settings folder. This might be faster for console lovers among us.
Content of the .jsdtscope file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <classpath> <classpathentry excluding="**/jquery*.js" kind="src" path=""/> <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/> <classpathentry kind="output" path=""/> </classpath>