You plug your Windows laptop into various workstations, where you have a different number or different arrangement of monitors, and you find that an app such as Visual Studio appears to hang (because a hidden window has focus), or you can see a window maximizing itself somewhere out of reach. Here's how to move an unclickable window back onto your visible desktop.
- Alt-Tab until you've set focus to the problematic window.
- Alt-Space to bring up its window menu, R to "Restore" to make sure the window is not maximized and is therefore movable.
- Alt-Space again, M to set it into "Move" mode.
- Arrow keys to move the window onto your screen.
- Enter to release it in place.