Although I like to consider myself more of a coder than a designer, I'm quite proud of interiordelight.ro, the last little project I've managed to put together using what I'm beginning to believe is the "killer combination" in the Node.js ecosystem:
- Server-side coding in IcedCoffeeScript for simple yet powerful asynchronous control flow - see this old post for more info;
- Storing data with Mongoose in MongoDB;
- customised markdown processing with marked;
- Jade templates;
- Stylus as a robust CSS preprocessor, which was very helpful for building a flexible, mobile-friendly layout without using a "heavy" UI framework;
- Client-side assets packaged with ASPAX.
During the development of this little project I've learned a few new things that I'd like to share with you here in a few tips, so... stay tuned!... ;-)