I'm going to show you how to install VMWare Guest Tools on both Ubuntu 12.10 and Linux Mint 13. It's quite simple and having it installed properly gives you a ton of benefits when working on a virtual machine.
(I work on a Linux Mint 13 virtual machine when doing Rails work - so I need this puppy to be really fast. Almost native speeds.)
- Go to the VM toolbar menu.
Install VMWare tools...
- In your virtual machine, open the mounted drive.
- Extract the files within the
- Open up a terminal and
cdyour way to the location of the
- Run the following command:
- When prompted for choices just keep pressing enter if you want the defaults (I know I do).
When you restart your virtual machine everything will be properly installed and configured.
Since Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, these steps apply for both distros.