For about a two years ago, I started using <a href="http://www.alfredapp.com/">Alfredd App</a>. At this point, I didn't know the impact, Alfred would have on my daily workflow.
By now, I have bought the powerpack, and I pretty much automated everything that I meet, in my daily rutines. Right from creating new <a href="http://compass-style.org/">Compass projects</a>, to changing my audio output.
I rarely take my hands off the keyboard, because all I have to do, is to press cmd+space, and type my command. That's it.
Key features of Alfred.app <br />
- Find Applications & Files <br />
- Quick-Search the Web <br />
- Email <br />
- File Navigation (Requries <a title="Alfred app Powerpack" target="_blank" href="http://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/">PowerPack</a>)
I recommend, that you try to build your own workflows, for a better outcome that fit your needs. Alfred has a forum, where you can post your workflows, get inspiration and ideas - <a title="Workflow Forum" target="_blank" href="http://www.alfredforum.com/forum/3-share-your-workflows/">Alfred Workflow Forum</a>.
This is some of my favorit workflows<br />
- <a title="Github Workflow" target="blank" href="http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1158-github-alfred-worklfow/">Github Worflows</a><br />
- <a title="Audio Workflow" target="blank" href="http://cl.busb.org/OOd0">Change Audio output Workflow</a><br />
- <a title="WordPress Codex Workflow" target="_blank" href="http://cl.busb.org/ONmI">WordPress Codex Workflow</a>