This is a quick digest of my study about "Distributed Computing" recently.
What is "Distributed Computing" ?
If you don't know what is "Distributed Computing", these are some simple cases that make you interested.
- Case 1: Twitter: Why twitter can deliver tweets to my followers so fast?
- Case 2: Instagram: Why Instagram can store so many images?
Reasons to use
Need for Speed:
- Speed to overall response time by decrease the queue time
- Decrease network latency due to route ### Need for stability:
- Fault Tolerance by preventing single point of failure ### Need for scalability
- Every computing node has its own limitation to serve. It can server 2K users but not 2B users.
Reasons not to use
- Building prototype . Note: not so many users yet
- The request can wait. E.g daily statistic reporting.
- (I still feature it out) *