For the past week I've been investigating full text search options for my webapp. I've looked into ElasticSearch, Solr and Postgres. All options look promising - mature and used in production by many companies like Github. I've stumbled upon SaaS called Algolia which provides real time search in a similar fashion to ElasticSearch. I love SaaS for convince so I decided to give it a try.
I was happy with performance and features like typo correction, but the JQuery and Hogan examples have lots of boilerplate. I decided to rewrite them in Angular. I wrapped the library with ngResouce and kept everything simple (you shouldn't put everything in a one js file).