Tired of your clients telling you the website doesn't look right or not being able to share your tools because their are still sitting on IE? Next time, tell them you can can fix it, but you just need to adjust a setting in their browser for them. Grab their laptop and try this little trick:
- Download Chrome or Firefox.
- Put the shortcut on their desktop next to IE.
- Right-click the new icon, select Properties.
- Select Change Icon from the Shortcut tab.
- Browse into C:\Program Files and find Internet Explorer.
- Choose an Internet Explorer Icon and save the changes.
- Rename the shortcut to Internet Explorer.
- Remove the original (actual) shortcut to IE.
Problem solved. Tell them they just got an upgrade or just let them see how well everything works now.