less +F somelogfile
Using +F will put less in follow mode. This works similar to 'tail -f'. To stop scrolling, use the interrupt. Then you'll get the normal benefits of less (scroll, etc.).
Pressing SHIFT-F will resume the 'tailling' (actually you can start
less without any parameters and press SHIFT+F afterwards to enable tailing)
Also, you can use
-W flag to highlight the first (unread) new line after any forward movement such as scrolling to the next page.
- Pressing SHIFT+CTRL+C (on windows) will put you back into normal mode
- Pressing SHIFT+F will resume the 'tailling' (as mentioned above)
- Pressing g will take you to the beginning of the file
- Pressing SHIFT+G will take you to the end of the file
- Pressing f will forward you one page
- Pressing b will take you back one page
- Pressing q will quit the program
Also, you can search backward by typing
If you want to display colors, use an additional