Kainos – (London & Reading), United Kingdom
KAINOS is one of the fastest growing Systems Integrator working with the UK Government to transform public services by exploiting modern, agile development principles and open source web technologies such as Java, Ruby and HTML 5.
The Developer takes a key role in the design and delivery of open source software applications within an agile environment. With an emphasis on hands-on development leadership, the Lead Developer is responsible for leading design and development whilst seeding their experience and approach to support blended client and 3rdparty teams in the delivery of modern, highly functional web-based solutions.
This consulting role offers development professionals the opportunity to further develop their client facing and team leadership skills whilst maintaining a hands-on design and development role.
• Working on client projects to lead the design and development of software applications.
• ‘Seeding’ experience to help developers embrace agile working methods – in particular using SCRUM methodology.
• Conducting discovery sessions with key stakeholders to determine requirements.
• Producing detailed architectural and technical plans.
• Leading iterative development sprints through blended delivery teams including client, near-shore and 3rdparty resources.
• Lead the development of highly interactive web applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will be experienced software developers with significant experience within an agile/SCRUM environment. Beyond technical expertise, candidates will require strong client facing and team leadership skills including a pragmatic approach to the implementation of best practice.
Required Experience :
• Experience designing and implementing software systems, i.e. is hands-on
• Experience with Agile methodologies ( TDD, SCRUM, Kanban etc )
• Building and scaling high-traffic websites and/or high volume transaction processing and analysis platforms
• Caching, security and database (document, object and relational) techniques and technical implementation methods
• Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions
• Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques, such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON
• Experience with a web programming framework such as Django, Ruby on Rails, python , Scala / Play etc
• Experience with both Relational (MySQL, Postgress etc ) and noSql databases ( MongoDb )
• Experience embedding and effective implementation of API and Web services architectures
• Enthusiastic about and experienced with open source solutions and community
• Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team