It exists a lot of different sources to get great tips and what's new in the android ecosystem.
This protip will try to list them and explain to you how I manage to keep myself updated with the latest content.
I want this protip to be collaborative so please if you know other resources, comment at the end and I'll add them.
- androiduiux : excellent articles about do/don't in Android UI/UX
- androiduipatterns : articles about UI patterns
- stylingandroid : how to customize Android elements such as ViewPager, ActionBar...
- androidniceties : list of the best looking app available, excellent for inspiration!
- developer.android.com/design : android official design guidelines
Redesign of old apps the HOLO way
- cyrilmottier : great articles, mostly about UX
- commonsware : various stuff about android dev (protips, libraries...)
- theultimateandroidlibrary : a list of the best android libraries available
- androidviews : collection of Android views (thanks @pareshmayani!)
A resume of what happened in the android world this week, often you'll already know about everything but sometimes you can find an interesting library and/or article you've missed
- @commonsguy : protips
- @cyrilmottier : Android Google Developer Expert 2012, post a lot of little protips
- @JakeWharton : author of ActionBarSherlock and ViewPagerIndicator, post update about its projects and Square's one.
- +Paul Burke : Android app designer and developer
- +Chris Banes : dev of Friendcaster for Android and author of great libs such as PullToRefresh and PhotoView
- +Wolfram Rittmeyer : Android dev, write posts too
- +Cyril Mottier : author of GreenDroid and Polaris
- +Al Sutton : Android dev at OUYA
- +Taylor Ling : Android UI/UX Enthusiast
- +Guenther Beyer : creator of androidicons
- +Chris Lacy : developer of Tweet Lanes
My personal technique
Most of the devs who wrote on the blogs I've listed above are on Twitter and post frequently using #androiddev. If you check the androiddev hashtag once or twice a day, you should get all the new and fresh stuff (usually two or three interesting links a day).