I have basically taken the Rakefile from Octopress and hacked it to work with Jekyll nicely.
The Rakefile Gruntfile.js combo is some serious awesome sauce go get it seriously.
- The defualt Grunt will minify, concatenate, and make source maps for your .js
- Lint your files with jshint
- optimize your images with imageopt
- start a server, connect it with Live Reload, and inject a snippet into your page
- run compass on any changes to .scss files
- run jekyll then compass on any change to other files.
then refresh the page with Live Reload
the preview and livegrunt tasks use Live Reload :)
It works out of the box with Compass ;)