Core takeaways from awesome article: https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/performance/critical-rendering-path/analyzing-crp
- Combining all assets in one page is also a way. However I would avoid it in complex projects, facing the advent of HTTP/2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/2.
- Iterate! Use Chrome Dev tools to track the performance.
- Browser executes JS no sooner than CSSOM model is created
- Avoid external JS and CSS (i.e. host JS libraries on your own and use cdn for development)
- media="print" stylesheets are not loaded in normal mode. It may sound obvious, but I didn't know they are not taken into scrutiny before one tries to print the website.
- www: http://korytnicki.pl
- Endorse and leave your thoughts in comments!